I suggest you ...

Restore old snowfall forecast map

You used to have a map that showed contours of expected snow depth of a storm. This was by far the most useful info on what a storm's impact was likely to be. It showed (if you don't remember) contours of depth like 1" - 6", 6" - 12", etc. Simple, clear, useful. I don't mean the probability of precip, precip history, or current precip. Please bring back this highly useful map. If you still have it, it's buried in the site so it's impossible to find. Thank you.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    glamorousjeanglamorousjean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • glamorousjeanglamorousjean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, not so much as a past reference (though actual snowfall is interesting especially for those who want to compare predictions with actual), but forecast snowfall. This current storm is a perfect situation to show a 24 hour prediction of expected snowfall (inches/mm snow depth, not water equivalent). With that information, communities ahead of the storm would have a general idea if they're going to get 2 feet of snow, and places on the fringes could see that they're going to get only a foot to 18", or 6 to 12", or whatever.

I believe you have a 6 hour forecast map. Just make that a 24 hour map and you'll likely indicate total snowfall of a storm.

Feedback and Knowledge Base