I suggest you ...

News and traffic does not belong on a weather page. There was NOTHING WRONG with the Classic format.

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DonemDonem shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AugieAugie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just another 2 cents worth....your new format is awful. Did you hire the people who got fired from Microsoft?

• glenn59glenn59 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's as bad as tuning in to find weather on The Weather Channel, only to find it broadcasting another rerun of a show, and waiting and waiting and waiting for weather info. Guess I'll be going back to NWS and NOAA for useable whether data.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah HA, finally found the CLASSIC site thanks to WanderWorld! Was about ready to QUIT this 'new' POS site. Just paid for another year, and they came up with this crap. Terrible site,, and not worth even the cheap $5.00 a year. Thanks WW.

• BruderheadBruderhead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Concur.
        If I wanted all this extra stuff, I'd just go to weather.com.

WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER "WEATHER CHANNEL".
        One is horrific enough.

• PennStateAlumnaPennStateAlumna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new site ..... SUCKS! Difficult to find the info one really wants. Just like a lot of websites, WxUnder decided to change for the sake of change. They had something good, now it's lousey. Going back to using NWS. GOODBYE WEATHERUNDERGROUND!

• niskunisku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen…this site is quickly becoming a regression to the mean, packed with distractions and extraneous pap. Lose Facebook/Twitter distractions…don't use 'em, don't need 'em, don't want to see 'em. Lose the prose and the pretty faces…"just the facts, please!"

• mirrordrummirrordrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the general theme and thanks Donem and WanderGround for letting me know I can get back to the classic format. *sigh* What a relief!!!! I really don't want to have to deal with all that other stuff, especially news about, for example, a tiger acting like a tiger when I'm looking for weather info!

• BriarCraftBriarCraft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having read the comments below, I agree with everything they have said. You are trying to please everyone by putting everything on this website. Can't be done. If I wanted Facebook or Twitter, I'd join those sites. If I want the news, I'll go to a news website. The things I do want, I have to work to find because you have to click and scroll way more than should be necessary. This is a weather site that has WUnderful weather & outdoors photo galleries and some very interesting blog content. That is enough. That is plenty. Now please make weather, photos, and blogs easier get to and pleasepleaseplease unclutter WUnderground!

• WanderWorldWanderWorld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh my goodness these scripts and redirections suck. I can't even sign in properly to remove my e-mail from the notifications.

Wunderground PLEASE PULEAAAZE get rid of the Facebook/Twitter/Any other third party associations (especially spyoogle) and go back to regular HTML!!!!

• TornadoWundersTornadoWunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, I wait for minutes at a time for the new layouts to load information. Today 8 tornadoes hit my state and I couldn't even load tornado information in their tornado maps. They have broken what didn't need fixing!

• DonemDonem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I say I mostly stick with the classic format, apparently the "Current Conditions" panel on the classic page no longer receives rapid fire updates, instead updating every 20 minutes or so. The comparable window in the new format shows rapid fire updating on a real-time basis but that page is not to my liking. (I cleaned up that last phrase for family viewing.)

That's the one. I mostly stick with the classic.wunderground pages.

• glasspusherglasspusher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to vote this one up. Stick to weather, please. If you try to do everything, you'll end up doing nothing well.

• WanderWorldWanderWorld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The news used to be on the classic format not so long ago. It was at the bottom however and I liked it. I think they lost their sharing agreement with the newspapers. I think the actual issue is everyone prefers the classic format. It's like movies having higher graphics but less story. Every website that moves to more buzzes, whistles and things you can't control becomes less usable and less useful.

The news, traffic and weather panels push data off the page so we have to scroll down to get what used to be visible in one look. I don't look to Weather Underground to be my "all-in-one" page. Get rid of the non-weather stuff, or give me the option to design my own start page. Better yet, give me the Classic format. Not all change is for the better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base