I suggest you ...

Poor website performance with new layout. Old layout is fast and responsive. Tested on multiple computers.

Wunderground absolutely had the best Tornado maps and quickly provided up to the minute information needed to know what immediate action to take. Now with this newly added garbage, the previous attributes that made Wunderground so much better than other weather reports now totally counter acts everything good about their previous system.

Today I learned 8 tornadoes had touched down in my state, and that the fancy features of the new Wunderground are completely unreliable and slow and as a tornado was closing in on my area it took 5 minutes just to find out what was going on. I sat and waited for minutes trying to load the wundermap and/or tornado maps. As soon as I tried classic website features everything worked instantaneously.

People constantly come here to find out:

1. Where the storms are
2. Where they are going
3. Whether their lives are in immediate danger

I suggest since people come here to learn about dangers to their lives that the clutter is removed and make important information easy to find. Bring back the old tornado map that is actually readable, too!

92 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TornadoWundersTornadoWunders shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely agree. too slow, completely useless, don't need 15 pages of info, need to know whats happening here in next 24 hrs - that's all I want on 1st page

• Brian GovernBrian Govern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my phone with 4G LTE service, it takes 30-45 seconds minimum to load the front page. I don't need bells a whistles, just the weather, and quickly.

• Gloria JaneGloria Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your "new look" is TERRIBLE! What genius thought this up? Go back to your old version -- it was far better!

• Lidar37Lidar37 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The more they play with the plumbing, the easier it is to gum up the works!

• glenn59glenn59 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame someone would ruin something so useful and functional.

@ KTXGEORG1: I have a weather radio sir. Doesn't help much for getting forecasts where I will be travelling to.

• KTXGEORG1KTXGEORG1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to mention all the crap that they drag out of content delivery networks.
        The new site sucks for all usage.

That being said, a free service should never be used for life saving information. Get a weather radio.

• makettlesmakettles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am completely fed up with Wunderground. The new site is a disaster. I am seriously seeking another site that is more user friendly than this monstrosity.

• TornadoWundersTornadoWunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, I ended up going to other websites to view information while Wundermaps were loading. They weren't as good but they did give some warnings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base