I suggest you ...

Please don’t participate in this ridiculous naming of winter storms.

Please don’t participate in this ridiculous naming of winter storms.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rosa1jackrosa1jack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I couldn't figure out why suddenly we're talking kilometers. The more we know, the less we know.

• ronsbhs58ronsbhs58 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Re: "The Science Behind Naming Winter Storms at The Weather Channel"

That's B-S and you know it! It's nothing more than Liberal media hype. How can you equate your "Winter storm naming" with your other failed "Global Warming" fiasco?

And don't start on how bad the Southern hemisphere has it while we're experiencing record cold - I really don't give a damn about what happens elsewhere in the world while you Libs condone China and the third world spewing un-regulated pollution in the air while only regulating the Western world.

And finally, we are NOT on the metric system here in the U.S. So start reporting your data in "English" figures. IE: How about starting with "Square Miles" instead of "Square Kilometers" when giving guidelines for your bogus Winter storm naming.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Naming of winter storms is at best silly. At worst it shows you to be drama queens. There is no scientific reason to name storms. Meteorologists are made fun of enough by the public....do you really have to give people another reason to think we're idiots?
        Janet Heeter, CCM #341

• WxheadsWxheads commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you required to play along now that you're owned by TWC? If not, please stop. TWC has lost all credibility as a source of credible, responsible weather reporting and analysis. Don't let them drag you down with them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, and came here to tell you the same thing. It's tacky, infotainment, and the whole reason I use wunderground is because it avoids that and gives me the facts. Please stop usin these fictitious winter storm names -- it's beneath you!!

• dunkelzadunkelza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So then the NWS should stop naming hurricanes and refer to them as dates and locations, like they used to.

• PennStateAlumnaPennStateAlumna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Naming of storms is just their way to be overly dramatic. Gotta remameber, these people are in to entertainment, not science.

• dunkelzadunkelza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. If the hurricane areas get to name their weather disasters, the Northern Tier gets to name theirs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base