I suggest you ...

Display Home City on Home Page (Stop asking "Where is Your Weather?")

Perhaps i'm missing something, but after fiddling with settings on multiple computers and not blocking cookies, i fail to see why navigating to wunderground.com does not respect my Home City and Station settings. Instead, i land on a page asking "Where is Your Weather?" This is what cookies and settings are for, no ? I've hunted for a setting something like "Go to blahblah on login" or anything of that sort. (I though that was what "Home City" was for.)

Sure, it's only an extra click and boohoo i have to take my hands off the keyboard, but, i've *told you* where my weather is, there is no reason to keep asking.

And yes, i realize i can bookmark a longer URL, but that really doesn't change any of the above does it ? I really do hope i'm missing something, as this is kinda silly.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jake McDowellJake McDowell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Every time I visit the site, I see the weather for Potwin, KS. While I'm sure it's a lovely place, do I really care??

• Lewis GordonLewis Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And I thought it was just me doing something wrong. The old version recognized you and displayed whatever home city you had in effect. Now I have to re-enter my user name and password on EVERY visit. Very tedious. And this is the only website that I have to do that. Everyone else remembers the info.

And the truly wierd part is that every time I go to the site, it has a different city!!!!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base