I suggest you ...

Better wind instruments I live in Leroy NY u say 0 mph wind. My trees bent over local weather says 20 mph winds. Terrible!!!

Better wind speed instruments that give an accurate reading.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim ZJim Z shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JRandyJRandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To my knowledge Wunderground does not own or operate any weather stations.

U.S. current conditions data comes from over 42,000 weather stations across the country including:

"Almost 2,000 Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) stations located at airports throughout the country. These are maintained by the Federal Aviation Administration and observations are updated hourly, or more frequently when adverse weather affecting aviation occurs (low visibility, precipitation, etc).
        Over 16,000 Personal Weather Stations (PWS's) that are part of Weather Underground's ever-expanding PWS network. Stations are put through strict quality controls and observations are updated as often as every 2.5 seconds.
        Over 26,000 weather stations that are part of the Meteorological Assimilation Data Ingest System (MADIS) which is managed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). For further information, see http://madis.noaa.gov/.
        When a visitor requests current conditions from wunderground.com, the geographically closest station is displayed. There is also a Station Select button, which shows a list of the next closest stations."

So to tell WU to get better equipment isn't really an option. Hopefully someone , or even yourself, will invest in a quality weather station and provide accut rate and meaningful weather reports.
        You can go to the section on this site "Personal Weather Stations" and check out the insturments available.

• James ZielinskiJames Zielinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if the people running this weather website would get it SOONER rather than LATER. How much negative feed back to you need to understand we the people find your weather site inaccurate and unreliable. It only weather with todays technology how hard can it be!!!???
        Get new instruments or new people,

Feedback and Knowledge Base