How can we improve the PWS service?

Quality Control Alerts

Once in a while, I get a quality control alert, "The thermometer sensor on your weather station has reported values which are likely impossible. ..."

My local logs do not show any such discrepancies. It would be very helpful if you could post the exact time that the out-of-range data was received, so I could correlate that with network logs, and other possible issues.

I have noticed that periodically if my weather station goes offline, that dewpoint (not temperature) is shown as -99. I do not send this value, so I am wondering where it comes from, and whether this is the actual data that Weather Underground is alerting me about.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KWAFERND25KWAFERND25 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KWAFERND25KWAFERND25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still more QC alerts, and nothing in my local logs indicating a problem. Wunderground, you need to be more specific in these notices about what is being reported. The exact time and value would be quite helpful in debugging.

To be honest, it isn't in the nature of my temperature sensors to report bogus values, and siting definitely is not a problem.

• bluegrassguitarbluegrassguitar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PWS KSCWOODR3 How do you get rid of a QC Alert message when everything is back up and reporting OK? I lost internet connection for 15 minutes and when I re-established the connection, I had a QC "temperature out of range" message. I have clicked the "confirm error for this station" button multiple times but I cannot erase the message!

I also agree with KWAFERND7 above...it's a bad dewpoint reading, not temperature, that triggers the message.

• tomarmatomarma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting the same quality control alert. My local logs show no discrepancies either.
        When I go offline I too, get the -99 dew point value.

• bluegrassguitarbluegrassguitar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had a Quality Control message for 7 days saying that "the thermometer sensor on your weather station has reported values which are likely impossible..." The error, if there was on, occurred during the installation of software/hardware that would allow more frequent updates than the 15 min. interval sent by AcuLink. The message also says that the last error occurred 7 days ago.

Since the changes were made a week ago, all data has been good. HOW DO I REMOVE THE QC MESSAGE??

KSCWOODR3

Feedback and Knowledge Base