How can we improve the PWS service?

Allow comparison between my station and nearby weather stations

It would be great if I was able to compare trends across time between my weather station and other weather stations in my area. I'm in a valley, and there are several weather stations on the ridge tops that surround me. I would like to compare micro-climatic differences between my location and the others around me. Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly trends would be neat to look at. I think you can sort of do this already, but it would be nice to be able to view them side-by-side.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MattyProMattyPro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShannockShannock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to be possible display a table of current weather conditions for other personal weather stations using the weather forecast page - http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/UK/Station Name.html? - which allowed users to select PWS's that were of interest to them. Although it is still possible to display this table for those PWS's previously selected under the old system this facility no longer appears to be available under the new system, which is a real, real shame as local variations are of immense interest where the physical geography of an area can produce climatic differences as MattyPro states. I can also see the value of using this as a crude baseline check for new users or experienced users with new equipment. So, please reinstate the facility to have a table of current conditions (and, yes, extend it if possible for historical data) from nearby PWS's. Oh, and by the way, with this one exception the new system is excellent - well done!

• wysiwyg31wysiwyg31 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good idea!
        It is also a good way to check if our setup is ok (in case temperature is really different to station around, it may mean that their is an issue there etc...)

Feedback and Knowledge Base