How can we improve the WunderPhotos?

portraits

I do not like the inconsistency in what is deemed a portrait and what is not. Some people's photos get accepted into the gallery and comments are allowed. Others, like me, can upload something with a person in it and the comments are disallowed. This is just one of the favoritism factors at WU that I have noticed in the past 2 yrs. It is disheartening and a huge turn off when the favoritism is so blatant. It is the same feeling when some folks great photos are ignored and other so-so photographers have AC's multiple times a week. There are times when I wish I could give my AC to someone more deserving. Maybe you should go to a system of judging blindly so the Approvers don't know who the photographer is before they choose it.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    nanapoonanapoo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BriarCraftBriarCraft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hiding the submitter's name for portrait approval or AC awards is a great idea!
        Portrait selections and AC awards seem to be a matter of who you are more than the photos you take. There are a few excellent ACs awarded to relatively unknown photographers, but most ACs seem to go to a smallish subset of prolific photographers, whether or not the photo is very good. As to the Portrait issue, I've even had them rejected as not meeting the weather/outdoor criteria, even though the photo or image is for use in a blog about gardening or a National Wildlife Refuge.

Feedback and Knowledge Base