How can we improve the WunderPhotos?

Allow larger file sizes please!

4MB's in this day and age is just not enough, sometimes I can't upload a picture from my iphone never mind my SLR, I have to crop almost all my photo's to meet the 4MB's limit.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    OutsideshotOutsideshot shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • newenglandlightnewenglandlight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been frustrated by this also. If I have my camera set to "fine" or "highest quality",it is always too large to post. I finally learned how to resize, but in this day and age the limit should be at least 5MB's. I'm hoping that the recent glitches on the site mean that they are making some improvements.
        It's a very popular site and they should make it better and easier to use.

• janetlorrainejanetlorraine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Often I have to reduce the quality of my shot so much most of the details are lost. I resize image size of the photo but I've usually already take a lot of care to compose my shot before I take it and cropping will destroy the image I'm trying to portray. It's like walkign a tightrope to get one the right size yet not have people shaking their heads, wondering why I'd bother to post my photo.

• OutsideshotOutsideshot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really this is your answer to Weather Underground not allowing large enough file sizes, when Weather Underground started posting photos on there site cameras were well under 10mp's now cameras are up to 36mp's and more. I'm cropping pictures into oblivion to a point where the picture doesn't look anything like the original. How about W.U. allows larger file sizes. Welcome to the new age!

• MysticShoresCnynLkMysticShoresCnynLk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reduce the file size b4 posting. Very simple to do without losing quality. Google "how to resize photos" if you don't know how. Many times cropping is a good thing, to eliminate background 'noise.'

Feedback and Knowledge Base