WunderMap

What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. This is not an idea, it is a defect report about the animated radar.

I fell in love with Weather Underground because of its Wundermap. I showed it to all my friends, and when the Kansas skies would open up the first thing I would do is get KAKE and KSN weather on the TV, and get wundermap going on my laptop. I would configure wundermap to show me no weather stations, the animated radar, the watches/warnings with 30% opacity, and enable stormtracks. Everything else was left as default.

This setup would show me all 3 layers for every radar frame as it happened, including the warnings, stormtracks, and radar. It worked flawlessly in…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two major problems at play here -

1. The Radar imagery on WunderMap, and the way it is all put together, needs work. We are working on this, and getting better Radar imagery. When this is done (my guess is, a couple of months from now), we will have higher resolution and the blanking problem will go away.

2. The animation and time controls on WunderMap need work. We are in the final stages of developing new time controls for WunderMap. Stay tuned.

• New Wundermap nav at top left logo may need fixing

The tour of the new Wundermap says I can reach other features of the site through the top left -- but clicking logo at top left does not seem to be having any effect. FYI

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Move model time so it is not behind map types option.

When viewing model data, the time shows slightly behind the Map Types option on the upper left. I checked this in Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m and the IE 11 on Windows 7. It makes the time somewhat difficult to see. I would suggest either moving it to the right or moving it under the Map Types option.

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base