What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

No Navigation back to Weather Underground Site

There is no menu to navigate to any other part of the Weather Underground Site once the WunderMap loads. It requires the user to either go to their favorites to reload or use the address bar to clear out /wundermap/ to get back to the site.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MatlackMatlack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    stayoungstayoung shared a merged idea: Would like to see the ability to be able to go back to main page from Wundermap, before recent update to WunderMap that was available.  ·   · 
    Chilidog88Chilidog88 shared a merged idea: provide a link to return back to the main wunderground screen  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DrHowDrHow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this idea not considered to be closed so that folks who voted for it can have their vote returned? Personally, the first time I wished to navigate to somewhere else on the site, without any hesitation at all, the first thing I thought to do was to click on that upper left logo. Virtually all modern sites have a link back to the home page on every page. Admittedly, the text associated with that link is normally the name or logo of the site and not that of the page. In addition to naming the WunderMap, it would make sense to have the regular (cloud and rainbow) wunderground.com logo up there as a separate item instead of the WunderMap text which morphs into a link to home.

Perhaps this idea should be redescribed as. "Make navigation back to Weather Underground home page more intuitive.", as opposed to maintaining the incorrect statement that such navigation does not exist. Then it would be appropriate for the idea to remain open until a decision was taken to make the navigation more intuitive (or not).

• MewsicatMewsicat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, I didn't notice this at first, until it was mentioned (and before I tried to return to my home weather site).
        I agree, the basic nav bar needs to be with the wundermap.
        MLW, aka Mewsicat >^,,^<~

• StCloudFLStCloudFL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mouse over the 'wundermap" logo top left and a link to the main site appears to click on :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base