What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

Allow the showing of Favorites in the top bar.

In the previous version, I could show the current conditions icon, city name, and current temperature for my "favorite cities". This was very helpful and was is one of my favorite features.

I still need to digest the rest of the new features before I comment.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DickHDickH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    azwombatazwombat shared a merged idea: Favorites (etcerta) links  ·   · 
    jtownsenjtownsen shared a merged idea: Favorites (beta map)  ·   · 
    yergeryerger shared a merged idea: go back to the old system  ·   · 
    klaatuboradaklaatuborada shared a merged idea: Can't easily navigate back to my favorite forecast pages  ·   · 
    MuunstrukMuunstruk shared a merged idea: Where is the link to my favorite weather pages?  ·   · 
    williambackuswilliambackus shared a merged idea: pulldown field for favorites or option manual list across top like old page.  ·   · 
    NuclearJoeNuclearJoe shared a merged idea: Where are my 'favorites'... They used to be along the top of the page!  ·   · 
    tthorsrudtthorsrud shared a merged idea: Add favorite locations to wundermap  ·   · 
    jtownsenjtownsen shared a merged idea: Favorates  ·   · 
    vcastle61vcastle61 shared a merged idea: Favorites Bar  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David BozaanDavid Bozaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to see my favorites at the top? In the Features section of Google Play WU has listed the following as a key feature: "List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to see my favorites at the top, is this not possible anymore?

• Matt SchaeferAdminMatt Schaefer (User Interaction Lead, Weather Underground) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for following up.

I wonder what others think about whether the forecast page should open in the same tab/window as the map or if it should open in a new one. Please weigh in.

The map can take a while to load so I'm hesitent to open the new page in the same tab. Also, your location is reset when you navigate away and then use the back button to return to the map. However, if we open in the same window, users who are particular about wanting in a new tab can always use the "open in new tab" option in their browser.

That's a nice addition - it does save the additional interim unneeded page load from before. Although it should open in the same window/tab, not launch a new one.

If I had my druthers I'd still like to see (clickable) favorite cities listed horizontally - without current condition icons, temperature, state or country info - in a small font between the new favorites "star" and the "help" button.

But this is definitely a step in the right direction. Thanks for the improvements.

• Sandy10iesSandy10ies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that clicking on the favorites to see the Wundermap for my favorites is nice, but I would like a single click to get back to my favorites forecasts ... the favorites bar would be perfect, or another star like you've got for the Wundermap of favorites but that takes me back to the forecast. One of the things that's kept me with wunderground.com for years is the easy navigation to get to what I want. I look forward to being able to get back to my forecasts as easily as I can get to the Wundermap!

Clicking to favorites on the Wundermap is nice, but what I was really looking for was the Favorites bar (or equivalent) that would allow me to click back to the regular forecast page for any of my favorites. Single click from Wundermap to forecast.

It still takes 2 clicks (Wunderground logo in upper left corner, then clicking on a city in the favorites bar) to go from Wundermap to forecast.

• jtownsenjtownsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least have a separate pull down list for the Favorites, rather than having to delete current location in the search window, click on the map (so the search window returns to default) then click on the search window and select the Favorite..... too many clicks just to change favorites....

• TheFranksTheFranks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really miss having a favorite cities bar across the top of the Wundermap that shows city name, weather icon & temp for each city in my list. I also miss being able to click on the city name to get weather info for that specific city. Right now it seems to take forever to get to wunderground.com by clicking the link in the upper left hand corner above the Wundermap. Once you get there, it only takes you to your #1 favorite city. Please restore this function ASAP! As Joanie Mitchell sings, "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone."

Favorite locations bar is a must for my navigation. Not a "cool flyover" animation, just a simple bar like appears on the main page. KISS (keep it simple, stupid).

I'll not be renewing my membership later this month if simple usability isn't returned.

• elynemaelynema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to jump to a favorite city, maybe with some cool "pan" animation with it, kinda like we where flying there. (Not to ask you to overtax simpler browsers with javascript, but in this new young decade of ours, everything slids, pans or moves gracefully in some way.)

• denvereyedenvereye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree having all the info from the classic edition is needed, however, is needs to be tied to the old style map, i.e. a wx synopsis view.

Feedback and Knowledge Base