What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

put back a link for the jet stream

put back the jet stream map and isobars on the weather map

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    hevanhevan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • hevanhevan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so there is no confusion, I am suggesting that the jet stream be an overlay option on the wundermap, I don't see any options on the wundermap when I opt for the US forecast button. (as a parenthetical note, the scale for the colors makes no sense to me. what do the colors stand for in English?) on the old map there was on option for current conditions and then you were given the option of wind maps and then you could choose from surface winds and the jet stream maps. if you can put these as options on the new wundermap, along with the isobars, you have everything in one place and it is much easier to navigate. If the jet stream is an overlay, along with the fronts and radar, you get a more complete idea of what is going on.

the jet stream map that I have seen in past iterations shows the speed and direction. the forecast maps has a bunch of colors, no direction and no indication of speed. today, at least in the last hour, the old map shows the main jet stream running on the southern boundary of the US. it bears no similarity to the forecast map on the wundermap.

yes. If you can use it as an overlay option to the wundermap, it would be
        great. then you can see the fronts the winds etc to see the trends of the
        weather and understand what's going on with the radar, i. e. storms

the new wundermap maybe great for the designers, but it is terrible for the users. can we put back the jet stream map, the isobars for pressure and wind direction maps as overlay options. the present wundermap is terrible

Feedback and Knowledge Base