What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

Radar animation loops still don't work properly

Radar animation is still stop and go. No smooth animation. Terrible

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    hitchcockjchitchcockjc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    scotzigscotzig shared a merged idea: Radar animation loops still don't work properly  ·   · 
    dogsgomoodogsgomoo shared a merged idea: Radar animation bug?  ·   · 

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Radar animation works good when I click 4 times in a row. Then on the 5th time I click It goes Black screen. Then I can't see the loop. I must leave the weather site for 15 minutes or so and sometimes it fixes itself.

• SmokeezSmokeez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having the same problems. Sometimes the map takes several minutes to load. The radar comes up but no map at times. Once the slooooooooooooow loading is up and running, your site is great. Got to fix the radar maps.

I am having the same issue especially now that thunderstorm season is here. it was so much easier and faster with the previous version

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just paid $10 for no animation? How long has this been a problem? When can I expect this to get fixed? Or refund my $10!

I too am still having the same issues with the radar. Sometimes it takes over 4 minutes to load and then it is erratic. When I want to either zoom the radar in or out my computer freezes until I hit the back button. I am using Microsoft Internet 11. When I use other radar weather sites I do not have this problem. I never had the problem with Wunderground radar until all the upgrades were made. Please go back to the original way, until you folks figure it out.

• SkipasanSkipasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of justifiable negative comments. This site is going the way of the old WeatherBug, does anyone still use that dog?

• makettlesmakettles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, Donem, for the heads up about Intellicast. I checked it out. I like it!! Goodbye, Wunderground. Too bad you ruined a good weather site..

• pomonabill220pomonabill220 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "new and improved" map SUCKS!!!
        1) Storm tracks only display on the last frame (I know this is supposedly being worked on)
        2) using Firefox, if a new tab is opened, the animation stops even though the "play" button hasn't changed it's state (still shows pause icon). I have to pause then restart to get animation to run.
        3) no smoothing
        4) "future" is smoothed but past/present is not
        5) inconsistent display one frame to the next (there is a "jump" in the display)
        Overall... making the user to do your beta testing is lousy and I will cease supporting this...

Thanks, Matt. I finally figured that out. Mine was defaulting to 30X, too hyper. This sure needs work and remains far inferior to what they have abandoned. Sad!

I can't figure out how to control animation speed on the new (and NOT improved) Wundermap radar. It is way too fast at default. Also, I want time on Wundermap radar to display as local and NOT GMT!Q How to do this. Or is it not possible.

As a Weather Underground subscriber for many years, I'm getting really fed up with all these "improvements" which are really downgrades and will reluctantly be looking for another weather site unless something is done about these matters soon!

• kingriverkingriver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having problems again with the satellite and radar features. I have watched the tutorial and still am having problems.

My membership is due soon and it looks like I too will be looking for another weather site, unless "wunderground" gets their act together and straighten out the mess with the radar(s) not loading. I have been with "wunderground" since 2001 and had high regard for the site, up until now.

• scotzigscotzig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The classic wunderground radar will be ending on Nov.18th. I might as well switch to another weather site, because the new radar is awful. Model Maps Information is also missing from the new map.

• DonemDonem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll keep the classic animation as long as possible. The animated rainbow wouldn't be needed in the new version if it loaded like the classic version. Getting the animations for more than the default one hour to work is hit or miss. Mostly miss. My best recommendation is to stay with classic until you get the new one working flawlessly. Not all changes are improvements.

I am still having the same problem, only worse. I am using Windows 7, Internet Explorer 10.
        All my other sites work great, those with animations,video's etc. Friends that I recommended your site are also having the same problem. Your settings are still not set right.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base