What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

Classic WunderMap Ending? OH NO!!!

I'll add my voice to the many who feel that WU has lost its way, at least as far as user interface is concerned. I stuck with the Classic UI, because the new UI is intolerably ugly and impossible to navigate efficiently. But if the Classic WunderMap is going bye-bye, I guess I'll end my long membership (nine years so far) and use a different weather site.
Constructive suggestion: if you can't keep the Classic WunderMap, hire Edward Tufte as a consultant to help you fix your truly awful new WunderMap.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    joel.schumanjoel.schuman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We understand that transitioning from classic to the new UI will take some adjusting.
    We are currently in the process of gathering feedback from users, and plan to address some of the bugs and UI issues on the current WunderMap in the coming months. Part of the effort would also include addressing the visual aesthetics of WunderMap.

Feel free to post any specific feedback or comments here, or write to me at pranay.sethi@weather.com

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • paulpaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed that the reply from the "user experience designer" was from a weather.com email address. So did weather.com take it over and is trying to sabotage weather underground by re-designing it so that people use weather.com instead? By the way the moniker "user experience designer" is straight out of Dilbert.

• paulpaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been logging my personal weather station to weather underground for the past 8 years. I have found the new and "improved" weather underground format next to unusable and was happy to learn about the "classic" version. Now I hear that the classic version will go away soon. When the classic version goes away I will no longer log my weather station's data to weather underground as the site will become no longer of any use to me. As they say in engineering school if it isn't broke don't fix it.

• JackJack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems unanimous. The new WU GUI is a failure. As is the apocalyptic GW mania of Jeff Masters.

• jvjv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just mount a huge ad campaign when you give us back the old interface, as for now I am deleting the WU bookmarks. anyone that would favorably compare what up now I would say is a moron. Who ever was in charge should be terminated.

• tptp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new UI is unbearably ugly and takes forever to load. I will be getting my weather from other sites from now on. Goodbye

• spenhay24spenhay24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also do not like the "new" classic format. I prefer the old one which lets the reader know immediately what the weather forecast is for their area. The daily boxes toward the top of the screen give an immediate picture of what is heading my way. I have found that http://www.weatheronline.com/ has my forecast the way I like it. Why do you keep tweaking a formula that works? It wasn't broke, so why did you "fix" it?

• spenhay24spenhay24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also am very disappointed in the "new" classic format. Please go back. It was great because all you had but to was glance at the daily boxes toward the top of the screen to tell what was in store weatherwise for your area.

• sneakytoessneakytoes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you take something that is so useful away from us and leave us with something that doesn't even approximate it?

• davidgmdavidgm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my voice to the objections to the new Weather Underground format. All those I know who have been using Weather Underground since the old format much prefer it. Why cannot we set up the new panel to show the same information? Please give us some options.

• joel.schumanjoel.schuman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, it's a little bit better in the most recent version, but still not as good as Classic. I'm looking at Intellicast and Spark...

Feedback and Knowledge Base