What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

satellite animation sensitivity option

The classic Wundermap permitted the sensitivity slider to be set to zero when looping visible satellite imagery. This was useful, because thin clouds (or clouds at dawn and dusk) can be seen in the loop using low sensitivity but not at higher sensitivities. I noticed that this option was removed from the new Wundermap, which is a major reason I still use the classic Wundermap - though I understand it will not be available after Nov. 18. Please consider bringing back this option for weather enthusiasts like myself.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    hern248hern248 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I was looking through this and talking to our mets, and it seems that the way we are doing historical animation on the new WunderMap leads to this problem with the low sensitivity Satellite animation.
    We are planning to undertake projects to fix Satellite and Radar on the WunderMap, and will definitely take your feedback into account.

Would you be interested in participating in a feedback session about WunderMap?

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cjgroundcjground commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I reported this issue to the support team in December 2012 (ref. Ticket ID: QKP-911820), it was stated that the issue would be passed on to developers to be addressed, but it still exists. And now the capability will be gone with the discontinuation of the classic service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base