Get the radar corrected
There have been many changes on the radar wundermap. Currently, for me, it works just fine as long as I take the default settings of one hour. To be honest, it's great to see that working, it's a first seeing something useful on the wundermap radar (I am NOT trying to be mean, just show my frustration, okay?). As soon as I change the defaults, the radar goes wacky .... it's not fluid. It's missing or skipping many frames of the radar. For instance, I just tried to get radar for the last 4 hours time period and it showed a single frame for the 1-3 hour time period, then the second frame was from 3:00pm, then several frames from that hour (maybe half of them), then the all the frames for the fourth hour worked fine. It's just a mess to be honest. I have been seeing this same problem for over a year on the WunderMap. Again, at least the default one hour is working. The feature that I want to work the most from this website is radar. It's the reason I am willing to pay 5 bucks .... just to get great radar. I will say, this current version is getting close but it has to be better than just an hour. What's up guys?
We realize that Radar on WunderMap is not perfect. Fixing it is high on our priority list for the WunderMap. We will definitely take your feedback into consideration.
Would you be interested in participating in a feedback session about the WunderMap?
We've been hearing about how the new Wundermap will be fixed for a long long time. The controls of the animation timing are just plain goofy.
1. Click the date to open the time control settings - NOT the settings button, which won't appear until you change something.
2. Set the animation duration to something other than 1 hour.
3. Close the window. (there is no OK button to accept the changes)
4. Start animation and watch the radar playback the past hour and then continue INTO THE FUTURE - what? I can see the future? How do they do that?
5. Oh, now there is a little clockface button at the right end of the time bar (it wasn't there before), click on it to show the "advanced timeline".
6. Now grab the little slider to adjust your time window position to show the past two hours instead of one past and one future.
That was simple, wasn't it?
Now whatever you do DON'T CLICK THE "CURRENT" button or refresh the browser window because you lose all of your settings - it resets back to the default - 1 hour. And you start all over.
A further comment, the time stamp in the little date button does not always match up with the cursor position on the timing bar. Sometimes hours apart. Eventually if you fiddle with the controls you can get them in sync again.