What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

The sunset icon below weekly forecasts is 'upside down'.

Your sunrise icon below the daily forecasts makes sense, it's the right shape and a bright color. However, the sunset icon is 'upside down' and it looks 'not right' to the eye. We see sunsets in real life and in movies all the time and they look the same in shape as a sunrise, the BOTTOM of the sun disappears, not the top. The icon you are using is missing the wrong half. It should be shaped the same as the sunrise icon. The difference in the orange colors used is sufficient to discern between rise and set. And one is on the left (first in the day) and the other on the right (last in the day).

I took Design Psychology in college and map icons and legends was a big part of the course. We conducted scientific studies on various types of information icons on maps and web pages. Intuitive looking icons should be used whenever possible to avoid confusion and/or to avoid causing people to focus on an icon because it looks strange in some way.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MikeMike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does make sense to change the icon mentioned above so it looks right.

Feedback and Knowledge Base