What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

New Wondermap seems to have lost ability to sort the storms by ID, Hail %, Speed, etc.

Previous version allowed user to click on headings (ID, Severe Hail, Hail %, Speed, etc) and sort them accordingly. This was useful when trying to find a particular cell from a busy radar screen, determining what cells were most dangerous, or where the most rain was likely to be falling. Now, it has them arbitrarily sorted and we have to search for the information line by line. In severe weather, it might be so cluttered and full of cells that we can't find the storm info we need in time for it to be useful!

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chad PortengaChad Portenga shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This may be related, but I have found that when the severe button is clicked, they current warnings are not refreshed. I may open up a radar site at noon and let it run for an hour. Later I've found the warnings issued at noon when I started it are still displayed as current and new ones have not shown up until I refresh the entire page.

• Chad PortengaChad Portenga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. What I was referring to is the Doppler Radar Detected Storms list on the bottom of the Weather Radar Maps page (Here's one from June 25 that shows active storms: http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=EVX - the list is at the bottom of the page - depending on when you look at this link, there may or may not be active storms listed)

You used to be able to click any of the headings to sort in increasing or decreasing order. You could sort by name, speed, direction, hail size, whatever you wanted. It was very helpful because on an active weather day, there might be 30+ cells on the map, of which maybe only 2 or 3 impacted the viewer's location. Trying to find the cells when they're not sorted can be time consuming, especially if you're in a hurry. I could see that weather chasers might also like sorting by hail, VIL, Severe Hail, etc. so they could determine where to go for the best chance as spotting severe weather. Both cases, time is critical.

Feedback and Knowledge Base