How can we improve Weather Underground mobile apps?

New app is a disappointment.

The new iOS 7 app is missing the target big time. Harder to read with fonts and color scheme. I need my old man reading glasses to see much at all. On old app I could read basic data without glasses. More info makes it hard to find what you want to know. Needs to be partitioned to another location. Where is "Feels Like"? Where is simple weather prediction for the day? Where is current conditions for the day? Where is the easy look at coming days weather? It takes to much effort to find this all. Need to be simple and complete with drill down to the detail if wanted. Dumping it all in the home screen is wrong. As a long time user I have turned to Accuweather app as my main go to weather app. Miss the old version TOO MUCH!

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ktimektime shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Allan HuiAdminAllan Hui (Admin, Weather Underground) responded  · 

We’re sorry to hear that. It sounds like there are two schools (and probably more) at play here. There’s the “I want more” and the “I want less” or “less is more”. One app to serve all is strained in this case and we’ll look at how to best serve different parties. Thanks for your feedback!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't use relative time. Pages go stale, and with it, the relative time. Put down YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM using 24-hour format. And include the time zone.

• KimKim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very hard to read that is for sure Perhaps you could implement a basic and advanced view to give the options of more or less.

• gizbuggizbug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This company pushed out an IOS 7 app, now sits back and does nothing. If they woke up and read the negative comments on the IOS appstore, and addressed their customers, maybe we would see an update. However, I've seen no update in months. Deleted this and put WeatherBug back on.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have disabled the desktop client for this weather page.
        It is no longer of any use

• Spaz888Spaz888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree completely. You can go back to the old version. Just search your PC for ipa files "*.ipa"

This app is called "weather x.x.ipa". The x's donate the version. I am presently using 2.0.3.

BTW, no jailbreak is required to install older apps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base