How can we improve Weather Underground mobile apps?

Re-add feature to put current local temperature in status bar!

This was by far the best feature of the weather underground mobile app and was my sole reason for using it.

Having quick access to weather without unlocking my phone or reserving home screen space was incredibly useful. Please re-add this feature to your wonderful application

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    wildermjwildermj shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I"m also using a Note 2, Android 4.3 and this feature doesn't work (nor does auto updating of the widget - not sure what purpose the widget has if it doesn't update regularly???). I have my GPS permanently disabled, which I believe may be the cause - simply use my selected weather station or add an option to select that instead of location based.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you say it's done... but when i add the check next to the option in the app settings, nothing changes. note 2, android 4.1.2

• Mick MickleMick Mickle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, the temperature is back in the Android status bar, which is great! . . . But you used to be able to set whether it was your current location or a selected site. I have a personal weather station broadcast on WUnderground, and it's nice to have that showing all the time rather than the roaming temperature. I realize that most people probably value the current location more, but please give us the choice as we have when we open the full app. (Or am I just not able to find the setting?) Thanks! Great app!

One other minor thing: It took me a while to figure out that I had to touch the actual NAME of the station rather than the "Select Station" icon in favorites to make a selection. That could be made more clear.

• Spaz888Spaz888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like that feature. It clutters up my screen and resources. Just my opinion.

• wildermjwildermj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note this is for the android version of the application. I love the recent update in every single way with the sole exception of dropping this feature

Feedback and Knowledge Base