How can we improve our new look and site design?

the radar maps you had before were far easier to see the storms moving across the area

We live in NH and it was easy to see the storm areas as they were approaching the borders from the East, and now with a more relief type map it is much harder to see. Two other friends this morning were complaining about the same thing. What was wrong with the old map radar map?

175 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! Everything about the new format is terrible. Maps so slow to load that by the time the Nexrad map is up, we could have been swept away by a tornado.

• Niterngr293Niterngr293 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Living in NW GA I was trying to track the tornado activity in AL and adjoining states that might be headed our way last night. Unable to get the NWS radar display to update in a timely mode. I used to set the controls for the last 6 images and the radar would display those 6 Continuously and update every 10 minutes or so. Now the updates are always pausing and showing "Update In XXX Seconds" What's up with the new radar display? Running latest Firefox 28 browser.

• Lee BartholomewLee Bartholomew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the old radar map yes. not talking wondermap which I use some but I like the old standard radar and it's as buggy as I've ever seen it. Keeps stalling out. and I don't know it. If I zoom in it pauses . Extremely buggy. The settings don't work 1/2 the time. I've got severe weather coming up Iowa , half the day I've ended up on intellicast :(

I hate this new format...please go back to the old one...will have to find a new place to get weather!!

• AnonAnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I most often visited Weather Underground looking for a quick and easy radar map. Now I have to click through two or three times for that, and it seems not as easy to select, elegant (simple) and detailed in the weather patterns. Maybe I'm wrong. But I loved it being front and center on the home page-- quick and easy. Not so much now.

Yes!! Bring back the old radar setup! Just scrap this whole thing and go back to the old way!

• Dave LawrenceDave Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, you must have hired the same jerks Yahoo hired, as this is just like their dumb site change was handled. Listen to us people who want to access the radar. Fire the jerk who has screwed up a great radar site the way it was before you =bought out Weatherunderground. Thank you Weather Channel for screwing up a good thing!

• BarefootontherocksBarefootontherocks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To whoever posted this. The relief map you see is the default - wunder map. Click the "nexrad" tab and you'll get the radar you want. Right now there is no way to set a choice as to what you want to be the default map on your forecast page.

What was wrong was that it was good, so it needed to be changed. Since all change is good, worse is actually better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base