Due to the high amount of traffic that Dr. Jeff Masters' blog receives, a special community standard has been established for the blog. The following list comprises the "Rules of the Road" for Dr. Masters' blog.
- Keep it civil. Personal attacks, bickering, flaming, and general trollish behavior will not be tolerated. Disagreements are fine, but keep them civil and short.
- Stay on topic.
- No monomania.
- Posting comments which contain links to external sites is allowed, but please keep the number of links to a maximum of 10-12. Links should also be relevant to the blog topic and/or discussion topic at hand.
- No hot linking external or copyright images without the image owner's permission.
- Do not circumvent a ban. Most bans last 24 hours or less, please accept the ban. If you create a new username to circumvent a ban, you will be blocked from the site completely.
- No comments that contain only personal notes such as, "Good Morning!", or "You've got mail, X".
- Do not "1st!", "1st post!", or any of the numerical/linguistic derivatives. This is a worthless use of blog space.
- No spamming.
- No spamming.
- Seriously, no spamming. Spamming includes but is not limited to, trying to sell products, trying to solicit traffic for your own blog, trying to solicit traffic for other commercial entities, etc. Do not post links to your own site unless they are directly relevant and even then, use sparingly.
- Political comments are allowed, as long as they're in reference to science, science policy, or the blog topic.
- Do not quote content which violates the Rules of the Road.
Do not enter games of oneupmanship with trolls or bloggers you find to be annoying. You will be banned along side them, as your verbal jousts consume the space and time everyone else is sharing. If you come across a troll or another blogger whom you find to be irritating, please use the site reporting tools and your ignore list.
Note: The WunderBlogs are a forum for our members to express their opinions and ideas. For the blogs at large, as well as special or featured blogs, our Terms of Service and general Community Standards apply.
If you have any questions about these rules please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.