I suggest you ...

Add a 'traffic cam' tab to the local weather page of website.

I noticed that traffic cams are showing up in the webcam tab below and left of the weather events window. This seems like a nice addition to the format BUT the traffic cams are overwhelming the personal cams. My zip code has gone from 30 cams to over 150, not very manageable. If there was a tab for traffic cams next to webcams, that would help and be more useful. Thanks!

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WatchinTheSkyWatchinTheSky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • krska1krska1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trafficams overwhelm my Satilite service and uses up my daily download allowance. I can get Highway cams from my local gov site. Just get rid of them!

• jonhokjonhok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still a great idea over a year later! Make a separate tab or get rid of them.

• Christina311Christina311 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either separate them, or remove them completely. Nobody comes here to look at highways. It has ruined the purpose of having the personal web cams.

• SheafeSheafe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was sent a 'Status Update on this idea... saying it was 'under review'.
        The idea to differentiate traffic cams and personal cams has been 'under review' for * *almost a year.... * * * What's the delay in making it happen?
        The better solution would be to have a webcam 'Favorites" just as I am able to select
        favorite wunderground *weather* locations. Please get this done !

I see in the comment section ... on Nov. 21, 2012 by the Lead Developer.... that this subject was identified as involving a "terrific idea". I like the sentiment, but why has it taken so long to come up with a solution?

Just as I posted 'downstream' the traffic cams overwhelm. A Favorites site, and/or a separate site for just traffic cams... would address the problems which we subscribers now face.

Since I commented on this back in April, some of the traffic cams are gone (the ones 300 miles away) but there's still 170 cameras to sort through. And what use are they? You can't follow a route by clicking a map to select the next camera, they just come up in whatever order. Just get rid of them!

• xnericxneric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been wishing for a traffic cam tab for a while. The traffic cams do overwhelm the private actual weather cams. Also, some of them are shown even though they are 100's of miles from my location.

I would favor eliminating the traffic cams altogether. I can find traffic cams elsewhere. My location jumped from a few dozen webcams to over 450 when the WSDOT cams were added! Makes it hard to find my favorites.

• aerobaraerobar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! Give us an option to view only personal cameras! I don't come here to look at highways.

Feedback and Knowledge Base