What's your idea for improving the WunderMap?

Return to Old Model Maps

The most valuable parts of your site are surface and 500mb model maps. This used to be great but is now virtually unusable on WunderMap. Animation doesn't work and it's too clunky to set the parameters. Pleas go back to your old system which was infinitely more user-friendly and informative. I have used this site for years, but will probably have to go to Unisys to get what I need now.

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • timmibtimmib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very frustrated with the new wundermap still, specifically the model layer and nam forecast model. I do not understand what is happening. It is getting worse instead of better regardless of the feedback posted on this site. Now I can get none of the heights from 850 to 200 to load!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too! Bring back Wundermap Classic. The new version is terrible. Harder to use and less functional. Animation clunky. Legends are hiding somewhere. The storm tracking I used to do, well forget that. Of course you can now fill half the screen with advertisement - where all the functional stuff used to be!!! Why did they have to go and ruin a good thing?

• hatmanhatman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been playing with the layers feature on Intellicast. I think it may be the site to support in lieu of staying with wunderground.
        With wunderground you cannot depend on it's 10 day forcast as to what I've found. It can be snowing and it says overcast or tommorrow clear and sunny and all the others are forcastin rain or snow etc.... They seem to only change it shortly prior to the event actually happens.. ARGHH.

The only good thing left is Dr Master's blog and the NWS comments. Thanks for the intellicast site, reminds me of a wunderground before TWC bought them.

• hatmanhatman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the intellicast info. A nicer site. It's gotten you can't trust the forecast here either.
        The Nat weather calls for sleet and the local folks too. Here it'll be sunny and bright.

At the suggestion of a poster here, I switched to Intellicast, and am reasonably happy with it. I rarely look at Weather Underground any more. So much for "new and improved." Humbug!

• timmibtimmib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because I anticipate the powers-that-be are going to pull the plug on classic one day soon, I have been diligently trying to get used to the new site and especially wundermap. The new wundermap is not as useful as the old one. Hence, I still use the old one. I have no new recommendations for the new wundermap because the fixes have already been suggested here and apparently ignored.

Feedback and Knowledge Base